Are you looking for a job where you can assist others in living richer, fuller lives and feel good about the work you do?
Brother James Court is a Franciscan Facility. As a facility we try to operate in a manner consistent with the spirit and principles of the Franciscan Brothers of The Holy Cross. Brother James Court has more than 40 years experience building brighter futures for adult men with developmental disabilities. We employ people and have volunteers with a diverse range of education, experience and backgrounds.
The Human Resources’ Mission is to acquire, develop, and retain qualified and motivated employees who help the facility achieve its mission and vision of providing the highest quality of care for our residents. We welcome all who would join us in this service, so that others may live richer, fuller lives.
Brother James Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply: If you would like to apply, please visit our location and fill out an application and return. If you have any questions, you can contact our HR Director at 217-747-5989.
Current open positions
Direct Service Providers (DSP)
Title: Direct Service Provider (DSP)
Continuously accepting applications:
-1st, 2nd and Overnight shifts
Reports to: Residential Services Director
Responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive environment which fosters the growth of self help skills and facilitates daily living, health maintenance, medication administration, and behavioral development.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance, monitoring, and/or training to individuals in the area of self care, self direction, independence, mobility, and learning as directed by the Individual Service Plan (ISP) in order to enhance each individual’s skill development, health, freedom, and personal dignity
- Maintains cleanliness of environment
- Possesses effective communications skills
- Assists in behavior management/crisis intervention
- Provides health care including, but not limited to, medication administration, nutrition, allergies, meal planning, doctor’s visits, etc.
- Assists with safety skills, including but not limited to, basic first aid, fire drills, and handling emergency situations
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy
- Meets requirements of federal, state, and local organizations
- Processes and maintains meticulous record keeping
- Maintains optimum attendance and reliability
- Practices good judgment and has ability to evaluate and anticipate consequences
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to multitask, think critically, and practice basic problem solving skills
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move intermittently. Use hands to handle or feel. Ability to turn on the knees, back, wrist, shoulders, and grasp with both hands
- Must be able to frequently lift/move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and move more than 10 lbs
- Ability to complete training programs and successfully pass associated tests
- Must pass a background check and fingerprint clearance
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
12 hour shifts; Day and Night Shifts, (requires every 3rd weekend)
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Responsible for administering medication, treatment, and resident care for individuals with developmental disabilities. Reviews resident care and recommends changes when necessary. Orders medication and supplies. Assists with developing resident care plans, assists in admissions, discharges, or transfers of residents. Brother James Court is an Intermediate Care Facility for Developmentally Disabled (ICF-DD) and is a ministry dedicated to empowering individuals with special needs to fulfill their highest potential through life skills training.
Licensed LPNs need only apply.PRNs needed.
Are you a special person? If you enjoy helping, being part of a team, care for others, and have a sense of humor – consider volunteering at Brother James Court.
For special events, committees, telephone calls, mailings – and more! We need your help.
Enjoy knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of our very special men.
For more information, contact the Development Department at: